Friday, February 8, 2013

September 6, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure 31157709, C.M 15th Training Batallion, 1st Platoon, Camp Wheeler, Macon, Georgia
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass (Boston)

Dear Pa.-

I received the package yesterday & the check today & I wish you had kept that money as some payment on the money I borrowed before I left home.  Why is it the railroad only grants me a year?  I thought the leave of absence was to be for an indefinite period of time untill my release six months after the duration.  I'd talk to Ritch & find out about that because that means no job when I get back if I'm gone over a year.  It looks to me like another of those dirty tricks like the one they pulled of in the last war.  I haven't had any further trouble with my eyes excepting its kind of hard for me to see at night when I'm on sentry post.  Well I guess this is all for now.  Let me know what Ritch has to say.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment