Friday, February 1, 2013

August 19, 1942

From: George F. Gleasure, Camp Wheeler, Georgia
To: Frank Gleasure (This letter is not in an envelope so no address)

Dear Pa,

Well I finally stopped jumping around the country and I'm now settled here for the next three months.  The heat down here is terrible, its boiling hot all day long from early in the morning till about nine at nite.  I don't like the climate at all.  The adress that your to use when you write is:

Pvt. George F. Gleasure, CO-A 15th Training Batallion, 1st Platoon, Camp Wheeler, Macon, Georgia.

I haven't very much to say because we haven't had a chance to get out of the camp yet.  One thing I'm glad to get off the train because we had a long hot ride and most of us couldn't sleep at all  I don't know how long it will be before I'll be able to see any of you (3 months anyway) possibly longer.  Well this is all for now so write soon.

George

There is another letter coming with this one - give it to Martha she knows what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment