Saturday, February 2, 2013

August 20, 1942

From: Annie Gleasure, 205 Beach 147 St. Rockaway Park, L.I. N.Y.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner St. Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My Dear Frank

It was a real surprise to hear from you after all these years.  Mrs Smyth sent me your letter, addressed to her last month, and I had intended to write to you several times since, but as you know I was and still am very lax in my corrospondence.  I have been in this locality for the past nine years, thought not at the same address.  Well how are you and the family?  I often wondered how you got on.  I haven't even an idea what age your children would be now.  Please write and tell me everything.

I was over at Floral Park a week ago last Sunday the 9th and Jean showed me another letter which you sent her.  She has been real nice since I came over here.  You know she is a sister-in-law of George's wife.  We never hear from the other side anymore.  I think its about two years since I heard from Mai.

Well good bye for the present hoping to hear from you soon

Affectionately Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment