Monday, February 11, 2013

September 11, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo Gleasure 7709, C.A. 15th Batallion, 1st Platoon, Camp Wheeler, Macon, Georgia.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass (Boston)

I received your letter today just as I was going to write and see if everything was alright up there.  I thought that something might be wrong as I hadn't received a letter since Sept 4th and the letters that Martha is supposed to take care of are not getting there.  I got the money order & check okay.  Tell Jimmy to get wise to himself and bid off some job and stay put or he will find himself in the same fix as me and its no joke.  Did Theresa get home yet?  If she is tell her to write - the only enjoyment we have down here is receiving and answering letters.  Its all we have time for.  Well I guess I'll close now because there isn't any news.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment