Friday, November 1, 2013

January 22, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 7709, Co E 12th Inf. A.P.O. No 4, Camp Gordon, Augusta Ga.
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa, -

Received your letter yesterday & was glad to hear that you received the insurance papers, photographs & camera. I want that camera put where it won't be carried off by Jimmy. Before he reports to the board tell him that I said to do everything in his power to stay out of the Infantry because it's too tough. We do have to make application for furlough & I've done so but for different reasons they canciled them so I was unable to get there. Evidently that lieutenant that told you I should have saved a sum of money by this time hasn't been in a camp like this because $50 isn't much for a whole month & it don't take very long to go through it. I got the presents from Theresa & Martha okay and have written to thank them for them but don't know if they got the letters or not. Well I must close now as lites will be out soon.

Luck Geoge

No comments:

Post a Comment