Wednesday, November 20, 2013

March 14, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE 12th Infantry A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.-,

Received your letter day before yesterday but didn't get the oportunity to sit & answer till now & at that I haven't but very little time as I'm going on guard duty at four oclock.  We are out in the South Carolina woods as you probably know from my last letter & we will be here for some time yet & its cold as blazes hear at nite sleeping in tents.  How is Martha getting on now?  she should be in pretty good condition by this time.  Have you heard from Madeline yet?  I haven't had a letter from her for about two months now.  I got the magazines alright & you can forget about the pay book because I have a new one now.  I haven't heard how my Xray come out yet because being out here things are pretty well primative but I hope to get results because in this nite air that pain in my side raises the devil with me & also I seem to be loosing strength so I'll have to go to the doctors again (Its not much use because they won't do a damn thing for you anyway)  Well I don't know of any more news so I'll close for now I hope to hear from you soon.

Luck
George

No comments:

Post a Comment