Tuesday, November 5, 2013

February 18, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE. 12th Inf. A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army, Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia

To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street. Allston (Boston) Mass.

Dear Pa,-

Just a few lines to see how everything is going up there & to ask if you received my letter because I sent it out the day I got back here & I haven't received a reply yet.  There is a little more been added to our adress so I'll put the whole works on this letter so when you send letters use it the way that I have it because otherwise the letter may be turned back.  Well things are pretty much the same with me down here except that Its very cold here for this section (18 above) so it must be real cold up there.

Get those Railroad magazines with the streamliners in them & send them to me as I forgot to take them when I left.

Also if you see a little black book around there with a soldiers pay book inside of it send the pay book but put the black one away.  Well this is about all there is from here so I'll close for now.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment