Monday, November 4, 2013

February 14, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, CoE. 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon, Augusta, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa,-

Well here I am back in the same old place again after a long & tiresome trip.  I got the 6 o'clock train for New York & didn't get here till 5:30 Saturday morning.  Everything was fine til we got on the Atlantic Coast Lines then the trouble started, they stop at every bodys back yard & they are very & dirty.  I was a mess when I got here.  Well I'm going to close for now because I'm too tired & nervous to write.  Wrap up those two Railroad books that Jimmy has & send them down here.  Also there is a little book called the Soldiers pay book up there someplace so if you find it send it too, if you can't find it I can get another.  Well this is all for now.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment