Monday, March 25, 2013

November 1, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 7709, Co A. 15th Bn. 1st Platoon. Camp Wheeler. Macon, GA.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.-

Thought I'd write and see if everything is okay back home, I've been waiting for a letter from home but as yet none has arrived so I decided to write anyway.  How's the weather up there, cold?  It's still just like July & August here, hot as blazes.  Did you check on the stuff in the storeroom yet?  As for those tools just forget about them because if Jimmy hasn't the time to take care of them I'll take my chances on a furlough when we get shipped from here to get them myself.  We will only be here for about two more weeks then we move out to some other camp.  (North I hope)  I had a talk with the Commanding officer the other day & I'm due to go before a medical board sometime this week for a reclassification Martha met one of the officers from this camp up in boston & when he got back here he had me called into the office & we had a talk about my physical condition & as a result I'm to appear before this board.  His name is Lt. J.C. Leone.  she met him in some restaurant up there, he said he would have spoken to you when he was at the house but you were at work.  So I'll write & let you know the outcome as soon as you get it.  Well this is all for the present so will close for now.

Luck George.

No comments:

Post a Comment