Friday, March 22, 2013

October 23, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure 7709, Co A. 15th Bn. 1st Platoon, Camp Wheeler, Macon, GA.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street. Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.-

Received your letter this evening when I got in from a long march so I'm taking this time to answer as later on there may be work to do.  The only thing to do about those tools is to leave them there because you can't carry them as they are too heavy & too many & I'll take care of it myself as I probably will get a furlough before we are sent anyplace.  There is an empty space in the store room between the trunk and the box because I removed about 8 or 9 gallons of paint from there & you did not leave any trunk at Royal Street, that one thats in the store room now is the one that was in the cellar at Royal St.  You can check up and see if all of the oil burner is there, there should be one stand, one can, the valve, & two burners, there may be some copper tubeing there also but I doubt it, I think I used it on a job.  Well I think I'll close now because I'm tired after that march today & it was pretty hot too.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment