Thursday, March 21, 2013

October 17, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure 7709, CoA. 15th Bn. 1st Platoon, Camp Wheeler. Macon, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.

Got your letter at noon today, it has been quite some time since I last heard from any body back there that I wrote last nite to find out if everything was alright up there.  Yes we have an officers training school here but it is hard to get into because you have to pass a pretty stiff test and so far quite a few have been rejected so far.  David O'Malley from parsons street is here in camp with me and he has a pretty good education & he was rejected also.  He was telling me yesterday that Joe Dalon is getting married.  That Kelly you mentioned used to live in Allston once you know his father he was that drunken brakeman I think his name is George Kelly the last I heard of him he was in a cancer hospital.  Well there isn't much to write about so will close for now.  My gums are getting pretty hard now because I've been eating course heavy food and I have to wait my turn for teeth because there are about eighteen thousand besides myself.  K.P. is part of every mans duty we all get it but don't like it.

Best Wishes

George

No comments:

Post a Comment