Tuesday, February 16, 2016

September 26, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE. 12th Inf. A.P.O. #4, Camp Gordon, Johnston, Florida
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa:-

Well here I am again, stuck way down here in no man's land once again.  The Gulf of Mexico is about one hundred yards from the barracks here & it's hot as blazes here.  I don't know when I'll be able to come home again unless we move back up that way again which I hope we do.  We are here for amphibious training & it's going to be about the hardest thing we've run up against yet.  I received the newspapers today just after arriving here.  Well this is about all for now so I'll close till I hear from you.  I'll put the new address on the back of this sheet.  Write just as it is, because if you add any thing to it I won't get it.

Luck
George

No comments:

Post a Comment