Tuesday, February 9, 2016

August 24, 1943

To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner St., Allston, Mass. (Boston)
From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE. 12th. Inf. A.P.O. #4, 4th Inf. Div. U.S. Army, Fort Dix, New Jersey

Dear Pa:-

Just a short letter to let you know that I got back okay & it only took six hours for the whole trip so that was good time.  I don't know what happened to me but when I got up this morning I had a sore neck & a sick stomach but feel better now & I think I'll be okay, for a while I thought that I might be going to have another dose of pleurisy but it's wearing off now so I'm not going to worry over it.  Tell Martha & Theresa to write & also tell Martha to be sure that the letter I'm sending with this one is taken care of.  Well I got the newspapers & all mail due me so far, it was all on my bed when I got here last night.  Well I'll have to close now as the lights are going out so write again soon.

Luck, George

No comments:

Post a Comment