Tuesday, July 23, 2013

November 17, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, Co E. 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon, Augusta, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa,-

Here I am once again.  I thought Id write & tell you that I may be able to come up there on a furlough sometime next month, this is not definite yet but the chances look pretty good so I hope I'll be able to get there.  Dont tell the rest of the family as I dont want them to know Im coming until I get there.  I dont think I'll be able to make it by Christmas but it will be somewhere around there.  If I get it.  How's the weather up there now?  Is there snow on the ground?  I want to know these things so I can wear proper clothes for that climate.  Ive only been here a short time & already I have a heavy cold so Ive got to be more carefull here than I was at Wheeler as its much cooler here.  Well this is about all there is for here so will close hoping to see you all very soon.

Luck
George

Let me know if you ge the pictures in last letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment