Monday, July 22, 2013

November 16, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure, CoE. 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon, Augusta, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass.

Dear Pa,-

I wrote you a short note the other day telling you not to write till you heard from me, well its okay to start writing again as Im settled in my new home for a while.  I dont know how long but Im here anyhow so you can send the mail to the above adress from now on if it changes again Ill let you know.  How is it that the railroad is slaking up in business?  I thought that it would be going full blast How does Jimmy like the Masons?  I think Ill try for aplication in the order either after I get home or possibly if I get settled someplace before I get back home.  I think this place is better than Wheeler every body here seem to be very friendly & willing to help you if you need it.

As for that condition in my chest, I was up to the hospital & had an exray taken and they said its negative but that pain is still there, I cant understand what would cause it, if it bothers me much here Ill see the doctor in this camp & he might be able to tell me what it is.  You can tell Martha & the others to send their letters to this adress.  This is all for now, so write soon.

Luck
George

Please excuse pencil as I broke the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment