Tuesday, May 29, 2012

January 26, 1907

*Dated January 26, 1906, but postmark is January 26, 1907

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 22 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass.

My dear Frank,

I think it is about time I should write and thank you for the lovely present you sent me I was delighted when I got it on St. Stephen's morning.  I was going to send you some books but we were very busy around Christmas and the time slipped by without me ever getting them I will send them on later on.  We got our holidays a fortnight before Christmas and they are not over yet.  The teacher lives down in Tipperary so she went home for christmas and did not return yet she got a bad cold she wrote to the person once and nobody heard of her since.

We had a good fall of snow around Christmas time.

I have a lot of post-card now George and Annie has twice more than me.  I will send you some when I am sending you the books.

George was delighted at the books and watch you send him, he is very fond of reading.

I like reading fairy tales or school stories.  Annie's watch was very nice she was delighted at it, every one in the house has a watch now alto me.  We bought a Gramophone at an auction.

I will close now as I have no more to write about, be sure and write soon.  Hoping you are well.  I remain,

Your loving sister,

May

No comments:

Post a Comment