Wednesday, May 30, 2012

April 26, 1907

From: Joseph Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 22 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass

Dear Frank,

You will be wondering why I am not writing to you again. I suppose you are quite well as I am and the rest of us at home.

I will be with you in a couple of weeks from to-day. I have booked for the 30th but it is the 1st of May I am leaving Queenstown. I am going by the Saxonia so don't forget the date and steamer. I will expect to meet you at the wharf.

The weather will be fine when I get over. We have pretty changeable weather here now; no appearance of Summer at all.

I will take those pictures you asked me for when I am going. I wouldn't have them finished to send now. I took Nell Dooling and Annie but they were failures, so I have to take them again. I expect to go out to South Natick and take some photos during the Summer, for I am sure Annie would like to have some. Photography is a very interesting hobby; but you meet with a lot of little difficulties in it.

I am sure there will be a lot going in the ship with me from Tarbert direction, but I am not acquainted with anybody going. My father will miss me very much for some time, for I always in the shop since I left school. Annie will be very lonesome too I am sure.

The first thing I will have to do when I get over is to put in some teeth. I will have to get a whole set of upper teeth for my own are all broken.

As I have no more of interest to write, I will ever remain,

Your loving brother,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment